The final official SSWGA event of 2011 was the annual meeting and Turkey Shoot hosted at Southern Trace on November 15. Thirty-four ladies participated this year and enjoyed a beautiful Fall day with colorful foliage to enhance the event. The event also was the stage for electing new officers for 2012.
Scoring in this event was very close, with scores ranging from 68 to 73. The first three places all scored 68, so a scorecard playoff determined the winners. Fourth place team shot a 69.
The first place team was the 3-lady team of Teri McGuire (WGAS), Susan Berry (NHGC), and Linda Christiansen (NHGC).
Third Place: Kim Darnell (WGAS), Robbie Fisher (BWGA), Theresa Kruse (PCC), and Pat Rice (BWGA).
Fourth Place: Mary Coker (STCC), Vickie Cella (NHGC), Donna Phillips (STCC), and Alyce Wyche (PCC).
Also announced during this annual meeting were the end-of-year special award winners. Only one member participated in 100% of the SSWGA events: Meg Welch (BWGA). Four other ladies achieved 80% participation: Mary Coker (STCC), Pat Miller and Pat Rice (BWGA), and Marge Snyder (NHGC).
Average low gross for the year went to Mary Coker with a 90.7; average low net of 74.2 went to Pat Miller; and average low putts of 33.4 went to Marge Snyder. Congratulations to everyone!!!
The next event in concert with the SWGA group is the annual Jingle Bell Scramble which will be held on December 1st at Northwood. Sign up with your local Club Rep.
PLEASE GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS COLUMN TO SEE LISTINGS OF ALL KNOWN GOLFING EVENTS, BOTH LOCAL AND NON-LOCAL.
Sunday, November 13, 2011
The first place team ran away with the title, shooting a whopping 61! Congratulations to Mary Jo Gray (WGAS), Jill Litton (NHGC), Sue Ford (ERCC), Grace Ireland (PCC), and Dot Henson (WGAS). Yes, this team had five members, but two of the ladies took turns hitting so that only four actually played each shot. And yes, all five of them hit from the tee on the closest to the pin holes so that everyone would have a chance at that award.
The next three winning teams all shot 68, so the winners were determined by a scorecard playoff and they ended up in this order:
2nd Place: Robbie Fisher (BWGA), Frances Boyter (STCC), Mary Gallagher (FRLGA), and Cathy Morgan (PCC).
3rd Place: Tina Essler (BWGA), Donna Ihle (WGAS), Jeanette Bohringer (BWGA) and Cathy Buckley (BWGA).
4th Place: Teri McGuire (WGAS), Pat Miller (BWGA), Sara Lowdermilk (STCC) and Sharon Anderson (ERCC)
Closest to the Pin: Mary Jo Gray, Jimmie Zey (PCC), and Sue Ford.
at 2:46 PM
2018 SWGA playdays
- ALL OF THE EVENTS LISTED BELOW COUNT TOWARDS YOUR 100% PARTICIPATION RECOGNITION Except those marked with an (*)
- If you miss ONE required event, it can be replaced by ONE day of play in Team Matches
- March 6: Scramble at Eastridge CC, 9:00am COMPLETED 50 PLAYERS
- April 10: Playday at Stonebridge, 9:00am COMPLETED 43 players
- May 22: Playday at Northwood, 9:00am COMPLTED 29 PLAYERS
- June 7: Playday at Huntington Park, 9:00am COMPLETED 28 players
- July 24: Playday at Southern Trace CC, 9:00am
- *August 7: Scramble at Southern Trace. This is a chance to make-up one missed event to count towards 100% participation since there willl be no Team Matches this year
- August 16: Playday at Fox Run GC (also practice round for Championship), 9:00am
- August 23-24: SWGA Championship, Fox Run GC, 9:00am
- *November 8: SWGA Turkey Scramble, Querbes Park, 9:30am
- *December 4: SWGA/SSWGA Jingle Bell Scramble, Northwood, 10:00am, Bring a Toy
2018 SSWGA Events
- Dates marked with (*) do not count toward 100% participation
- *March 13: Stonebridge scramble, 9:00am COMPLETED 28 Players
- April 26: BWGA playday at Huntington, 9:00am COMPLETED 18 players
- May 1: East Ridge CC, 9:00am COMPLETED 30 players
- June 19: Southern Trace CC, 9:00am COMPLETED 26 players
- July 10: Northwood Hills GC, 9:00am COMPLETED 25 players
- July 17-18: Championship, Stonebridge CC
- September 6: Fox Run GC, 9:00am
- *November 15: Turkey Scramble, Crooked Hollow GC, 9:30am, $37 includes lunch. This is also annual meeting unless this is changed.
- *December 4: Jingle Belle Scramble, Northwood Hills GC, 10:00am, bring unwrapped toy