PLEASE GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS COLUMN TO SEE LISTINGS OF ALL KNOWN GOLFING EVENTS, BOTH LOCAL AND NON-LOCAL.
Tuesday, August 21, 2012
Okay, ladies, for all of us who complain about competing against the "junior" golfers (you know, the ones we call the "flat bellies"?)......THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO SHINE! This one is for the "oldies but goodies!"
The 21st Annual LWGA Senior Championship is being held October 1-2, at a fabulous and fun venue this year: Koasati Pines in Kinder, LA. We've played other state tournaments there, but never the senior, so this might be a first for some of you. And what a wonderful FIRST!
The course is challenging, but very playable. You can be assured of a great time at Koasati and the Coushatta Casino and Inn. The price offered for the rooms is as great as the venue. Our last tournament was a sell-out, so don't delay in signing up for this one. Click here for loding info. Click here for more info and the program guide. Click here for entry form.
Hope to see you there!
at 8:03 PM
As you can see above, it's again time for the annual Road Runner 2-lady scramble at East Ridge. The $90 per person entry fee includes the Welcome Cocktail Party on Wednesday evening, full breakfast buffet on tournament day, practice balls, one mulligan, lunch, and prizes. The practice round on Wednesday is an additional $20 (a great price!).
The course is in great shape and there is always fun for all. Don't wait to sign up. You might not have a spot. For more information and entry form, Click Here.
at 7:42 PM
Monday, August 13, 2012
I think that probably the most heard word on the greens today was "STOP"! Yep, they were fast and that was evidenced by the putting scores. The overall low for the day was 31 by Phyllis Ryan (ERCC). The AVERAGE putting score was 36, with a high of 40. Did I say they were FAST??
The overall low gross for the entire field was 83 by Donna Cobb (BWGA) and overall low net was a 66 by Martha Lawhorne (BWGA).
Low Gross: Moise Allen (STCC) 85
Low Net: Cathy Buckley (BWGA) 68
2nd Gross: (tie) Suzanne Tinsley/Marianne Leslie (WGAS) 87
2nd Net: Mary Jo Gray (WGAS) 75
Low Putts: Marianne Leslie 33
Chip/Putt-in: Cathy Buckley
Low Gross: Donna Cobb (BWGA) 83
Low Net: Mary Coker (STCC) 67
2nd Gross: Mary Gallagher (FRLGA) 93
2nd Net: (tie) Dot Henson (WGAS)/Marge Snyder (NHGC) 74
Low Putts: Marge Snyder 32
Low Gross: Kathleen McCoy (BWGA) 91
Low Net: Becky Hollier (WGAS) 72
2nd Gross: Linda Heins (WGAS) 95
2nd Net: Susan Harkins (WGAS) 74
Low Putts: Phyllis Ryan (ERCC) 31
Chip/Putt-in: Theresa Kruse (PCC)
Low Gross: Martha Lawhorne (BWGA) 94
Low Net: Jeanette Bohringer (BWGA) 70
2nd Gross: Bobbie Almond (PCC) 101
2nd Net: Vien Wheeler (STCC) 78
Low Putts: Grace Ireland (PCC) 34
The next SWGA event will be on September 11, with a 9:00am shotgun at Southern Trace. This is one that was re-scheduled due to a rain-out earlier this summer. Contact your Club Rep to sign up.
at 7:51 PM
Thursday, August 9, 2012
A really large group of 112 ladies invaded the L'Auberge Casino and Hotel on Sunday, with a practice round, followed by a welcome party at Mister Edwards' camp. Surely all those ladies skipped the casino afterwards to get rested for the Monday shotgun start!
Our Shreveport/Bossier ladies made a good representation down south, taking eight teams to compete. Unfortunately, we had only two teams that placed in the event, but all eight teams were winners! It was hot and humid, but everyone hung in there. However, we did have one small casualty when Debbie Roland injured her knee on the first day and had to make a trip to the Quick Care unit nearby. She stayed around though and accompanied partner Joyce Middleton on Day 2, while Joyce played the event single-handedly.
Our winning ladies were Team Donna Cobb and Cathy Buckley who took 2nd Gross honors in the Third Flight with scores of 82 and 84.
Team Theresa Kruse and Linda tied for 2nd Net in the Fourth Flight with a net score total of 135.8, exactly the same as Team Pam Washington and Margaret Papaleo.
Taking highest honors in the First flight were Julie Harrison and Kie McNabb, shooting 62 on both days. Great job!
1st Gross: Julie Harrison/Kie McNabb 124 (That's 20 under par!)
1st Net: Anna McMullen/Jara Templet 126.8
2nd Gross: Tom Savoy/Sydney Martien 142
2nd Net: Corre Stegall/Marge Richters 127.2
Closest to Pin: Lea Dees
1st Gross: Mary Edwards/Stacy LaPrairie 145
1st Net: Tee Labuff/Theresa Williams 125.4
2nd Gross: Sandra Smith/Sha Carter 153
2nd Net: Brenda Roberts/Lori Guimbellot 127.2
Closest to Pin: Joe Ann Poche
1st Gross: Pam Gentry/Sharon Ward 156
1st Net: Brenda Pettis/Freddie Saterfiel 129.0
2nd Gross: Donna Cobb/Cathy Buckley 166
2nd Net: Lynda Wheeler/Margareet Williams 131.0
Closest to Pin: Amy Furman
1st Gross: Lou Anne Allemand/Dianne Barksdale 175
1st Net: Dixie Blue/Margie Dokka 126.2
2nd Gross: Melanie Ryan/Jonnie Samaha 176
2nd Net: (tie) Pam Washington/Margaret Papaleo and Theresa Kruse/Linda Colvin 135.8
Closest to Pin: Marcey Ruiz
at 7:46 PM
2018 SWGA playdays
- ALL OF THE EVENTS LISTED BELOW COUNT TOWARDS YOUR 100% PARTICIPATION RECOGNITION Except those marked with an (*)
- If you miss ONE required event, it can be replaced by ONE day of play in Team Matches
- March 6: Scramble at Eastridge CC, 9:00am COMPLETED 50 PLAYERS
- April 10: Playday at Stonebridge, 9:00am
- May 22: Playday at Northwood, 9:00am
- June 7: Playday at Huntington Park, 9:00am
- June 21: Rain date for Huntington
- July 24: Playday at Southern Trace CC, 9:00am
- *August 7: Scramble at Southern Trace. This is a chance to make-up one missed event to count towards 100% participation since there willl be no Team Matches this year
- August 16: Playday at Fox Run GC (also practice round for Championship), 9:00am
- August 23-24: SWGA Championship, Fox Run GC, 9:00am
- *November 8: SWGA Turkey Scramble, Querbes Park, 9:30am
- *December 4: SWGA/SSWGA Jingle Bell Scramble, Northwood, 10:00am, Bring a Toy
2018 SSWGA Events
- Dates marked with (*) do not count toward 100% participation
- *March 13: Stonebridge scramble, 9:00am COMPLETED 28 Players
- April 26: BWGA playday at Huntington, 9:00am
- May 1: East Ridge CC, 9:00am
- June 19: Southern Trace CC, 9:00am
- July 10: Northwood Hills GC, 9:00am
- July 17-18: Championship, Stonebridge CC
- September 6: Fox Run GC, 9:00am
- *November 15: Turkey Scramble, Crooked Hollow GC, 9:30am, $37 includes lunch. This is also annual meeting unless this is changed.
- *December 4: Jingle Belle Scramble, Northwood Hills GC, 10:00am, bring unwrapped toy
Other 2018 LOCAL Events
- May 15-17: (NEW) "The Tradition" 2-Lady Tourney, Golf Club at Stonebridge, Benton, LA
- June 8-10: Stonebridge Couples Tournament, Golf Club at Stonebridge, Benton, LA
- June 22-24: Bonnie & Clyde Couples Tournament, Northwood Hills GC, Blanchard, LA
- September 18-19: Southern Belle, 2-Lady Tourney, Southern Trace CC, Shreveport, LA
- October 24-25: Roadrunner 2-Lady Tournament, Eastridge CC, Shreveport, LA
2018 State/Southern Events
Other 2018 NON-LOCAL Golfing Events
- May 31-June 2: Hot Springs Couples Tournament, Hot Springs Village, AR
- June 2: Queen for a Day, 2-Lady Scramble, Tallulah CC, Tallulah, LA
- June 16: Matthew Elliott Memorial Scramble, Frenchman's Bend GC, Monroe, LA 1:30pm
- August 8: Diamonds in the Rough, 4-lady tournament, Hollytree CC, Tyler, TX
- September 11-13: Twice as Nice Ladies Tourney, Texarkana CC, Texarkana, AR
- September 26-27: Squire Creek 2-Lady Tournament, Squire Creek CC, Choudrant, LA
- October 6-7: Texarkana Couples Tourney, Texarkana CC, Texarkana, AR