What a beautiful day for golf! And thirty-eight ladies enjoyed the fun and fellowship at Querbes Park Golf Course on Thursday, April 26, during our regular playday. In spite of the recent aerating, the greens were in decent shape, and it's just something we have to go through at every course at this time of year.
The next SWGA Playday will be on May 15 at Northwood Hills Golf Club with a 9:00am shotgun start. Look for the sign-up sheet in your clubhouse.
I'm including a small slideshow presentation in hopes that it can be viewed. I've had a few people tell me they were unable to see it, while lots of others could. I don't know what the problem is or what to suggest, but I'll just keep trying it. If you are able to SEE the slideshow in this posting, you can also click on any picture to get a fullsize view.
PLEASE GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS COLUMN TO SEE LISTINGS OF ALL KNOWN GOLFING EVENTS, BOTH LOCAL AND NON-LOCAL.
Friday, April 20, 2012
Players were graciously greeted by Nan Warren, dolled up in her finest southern gown. Nan was also voted “best dressed” for the tournament….who could argue that???
Food was prepared by Palmetto’s new Chef Danny Beavers who did a great job in both taste and presentation. Chef Beavers was on hand to dish up the awards luncheon dessert of brandied peaches over vanilla bean ice cream. Yum! And as a last surprise, he donated two bottles of wine for the door prize drawings!
The first day was best ball, with the lowest score of 73 posted by the team of Godwin and Johnson who went on to win Low Gross for the tournament with a total of 146 for the two days. Lowest net score of 59 posted the first day was by the team of Stone and Kirby who ended up winning Low Gross in the Fourth Flight with their total of 167.
Scramble day is always lots of fun and it was no different this year. The lowest score posted was an even par 72 by Lillian Granger and Teri McGuire, who won overall 2nd Gross for the tournament with their combined score of 152.
In addition to the flight winners, the special awards were as follows:
CTP #17: Allison Raines
CTP #11: Sarah Taylor
CTP #3: Jeanie Ward
CTP #7: Jan Jacksn
Closest to the Line: Jackie Wayson
To see all the scores and winners, check out the slideshow presentation and just click on any photo to see the fullsize presentation. The photos for the slideshow are reduced in pixel size, so if there is any photo that you would like me to send you in its fullsize version for printing, just email me. Also note that in the Third Flight, there was an error in scoring, so we have attempted to alter the photo to represent the correct winners.
at 4:28 PM
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Once again, the Wine and Roses 2-lady scramble was a tremendous success with 96 ladies participating at the very, very nice Allexandria Country Club. The weather was perfect as a rose and the hospitality was sparkling.....like wine!
The Shreveport area ladies made a great showing at the event, with nine teams representing us. The very lowest score of 67 was posted by the team of Park and Pickle. Outstanding, ladies!
at 11:29 PM
Friday, April 6, 2012
Speaking of fabulous, that's how Shirley Pettitt (BWGA) played, shooting the day's overall low gross of 82. Overall low net was Kathleen McCoy (BWGA) with a 64 while Paulette Lee (WGAS) had only 27 putts for the day! For complete list of winners, check in the right column.
The next SSWGA playday will be at Eastridge Country Club on May 24 with 9:00am shotgun start.
at 12:31 AM
2018 SWGA playdays
- ALL OF THE EVENTS LISTED BELOW COUNT TOWARDS YOUR 100% PARTICIPATION RECOGNITION Except those marked with an (*)
- If you miss ONE required event, it can be replaced by ONE day of play in Team Matches
- March 6: Scramble at Eastridge CC, 9:00am COMPLETED 50 PLAYERS
- April 10: Playday at Stonebridge, 9:00am COMPLETED 43 players
- May 22: Playday at Northwood, 9:00am
- June 7: Playday at Huntington Park, 9:00am
- June 21: Rain date for Huntington
- July 24: Playday at Southern Trace CC, 9:00am
- *August 7: Scramble at Southern Trace. This is a chance to make-up one missed event to count towards 100% participation since there willl be no Team Matches this year
- August 16: Playday at Fox Run GC (also practice round for Championship), 9:00am
- August 23-24: SWGA Championship, Fox Run GC, 9:00am
- *November 8: SWGA Turkey Scramble, Querbes Park, 9:30am
- *December 4: SWGA/SSWGA Jingle Bell Scramble, Northwood, 10:00am, Bring a Toy
2018 SSWGA Events
- Dates marked with (*) do not count toward 100% participation
- *March 13: Stonebridge scramble, 9:00am COMPLETED 28 Players
- April 26: BWGA playday at Huntington, 9:00am COMPLETED 18 players
- May 1: East Ridge CC, 9:00am COMPLETED 30 players
- June 19: Southern Trace CC, 9:00am
- July 10: Northwood Hills GC, 9:00am
- July 17-18: Championship, Stonebridge CC
- September 6: Fox Run GC, 9:00am
- *November 15: Turkey Scramble, Crooked Hollow GC, 9:30am, $37 includes lunch. This is also annual meeting unless this is changed.
- *December 4: Jingle Belle Scramble, Northwood Hills GC, 10:00am, bring unwrapped toy
Other 2018 LOCAL Events
- May 15-17: (NEW) "The Tradition" 2-Lady Tourney, Golf Club at Stonebridge, Benton, LA
- June 8-10: Stonebridge Couples Tournament, Golf Club at Stonebridge, Benton, LA
- June 22-24: Bonnie & Clyde Couples Tournament, Northwood Hills GC, Blanchard, LA
- September 18-19: Southern Belle, 2-Lady Tourney, Southern Trace CC, Shreveport, LA
- October 24-25: Roadrunner 2-Lady Tournament, Eastridge CC, Shreveport, LA
2018 State/Southern Events
Other 2018 NON-LOCAL Golfing Events
- May 31-June 2: Hot Springs Couples Tournament, Hot Springs Village, AR
- June 2: Queen for a Day, 2-Lady Scramble, Tallulah CC, Tallulah, LA
- June 16: Matthew Elliott Memorial Scramble, Frenchman's Bend GC, Monroe, LA 1:30pm
- August 8: Diamonds in the Rough, 4-lady tournament, Hollytree CC, Tyler, TX
- September 11-13: Twice as Nice Ladies Tourney, Texarkana CC, Texarkana, AR
- September 26-27: Squire Creek 2-Lady Tournament, Squire Creek CC, Choudrant, LA
- October 6-7: Texarkana Couples Tourney, Texarkana CC, Texarkana, AR