PLEASE GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS COLUMN TO SEE LISTINGS OF ALL KNOWN GOLFING EVENTS, BOTH LOCAL AND NON-LOCAL.
Tuesday, July 28, 2015
The Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) Post 5951 of Bossier City consists of approximately 900
Combat Veterans and the Ladies Auxiliary. Our members are men and women who have walked
the walk of freedom. Our objective is to help our fellow man through charitable contributions
which keep us young and vibrant.
This year we are once again conducting our annual Charitable Golf Tournament. This nonprofit
event is one of our venues to raise monies for local charities. Our 2015 tournament allowed us to
donate more than $2,000.00 to local charities. Our hope is that through events such as this, more
people who are less fortunate than we are may have a better life.
This 4-person scramble is $55 per person and mulligans can also be purchased. It is an 8:00am shotgun start. Click Here for entry form.
This fun time is open to all sponsors. Our next charity tournament is scheduled for September 5,
2015 with a 8:00 A.M. shotgun start at Fox Run Golf Course on Barksdale AFB. This is a great
opportunity for your organization to be highlighted in the local area as well as throughout the
state. We afford our sponsors maximum exposure, not only to our members throughout the state,
but also to the local communities through media coverage as well as on-course recognition.
We hope to expand our donations locally through your generosity. The offerings are as listed:
Platinum $500.00 donation affords the sponsor:
Hole sponsorship / Sign with your company/organization name
Recognition in VFW Newsletter
Individual pictures with sign
Gold $300.00 donation affords the sponsor:
Hole sponsorship with Sign
Recognition in VFW Newsletter
Group picture with on-course sign
Bronze $200.00 donation affords the sponsor:
Shared hole sponsor sign
Recognition in VFW Newsletter
Any and all donations are appreciated. We are also looking for items to auction, items to be used
as door prizes and items to be included in our ditty bags.
If there are any questions, please feel free to contact Joe Smith or Ron Barnard at your convenience
at 746-7611 or 746-7612.
at 3:47 PM
Friday, July 24, 2015
We’ve managed to complete two SWGA events in two consecutive weeks. Hoorah! Thirty-four ladies played this week’s event at the lovely Southern Trace CC where each lady was treated with a thoughtful keepsake from the club. How sweet!
This stroke play event was held Thursday, July 23, and yes, it was hot; but thankfully, there was a breeze to help.
The low gross score of the day went to Kathy Davis (STCC) with a really nice 81 while the overall low net score was shot by Donna Cobb (FRLGA) with a really low 69. Low putts was 27 by Mary Moore (FRLGA) who wasn’t too slouchy with her gross score of 87 either! Congratulations ladies.
FIRST FLIGHT1ST Gross: Kathy David (STCC) 81
2nd Gross: Mary Lynn Stuart (ERCC) 84
1st Net: Donna Cobb (FRLGA) 69
2nd Net: Gina O’Neal (WGAS) 76
Low Putts: Kathy Davis 29
1st Gross: Mary Moore (FRLGA) 872nd Gross: Cathy Buckley (BWGA) 93
1st Net: Nancy Young (BWGA) 74
2nd Net: Kathryn Salpietra (STCC) 75
Low Putts: Mary Moore 27
THIRD FLIGHT1st Gross: Marge Snyder (NHGC) 94
2nd Gross: Melissa Brenner (NHGC) 102
1st Net: Gayle Gansfuss (FRLGA) 74
2nd Net: Jill Litton (NHGC) 80
Low Putts: Jill Litton 30
FOURTH FLIGHT1st Gross: Bobbie Almond (FRLGA) 101
2nd Gross: Grace Ireland (NHGC) 103
1st Net: Pat Miller (BWGA) 75
2nd Net: Vien Wheeler (STCC) 77
Low Putts: Pat Miller 30
CHIP/PUTT-INS: Kathryn Salpietra, Cathy Buckley, Marge Snyder, Gayle Gansfuss
Please remember to POST YOUR SCORES…..as a TOURNAMENT prior to the next SWGA playday which is August 6th at Fox Run. The SWGA rule requires that you post your score before you can play the next SWGA event.
at 11:15 AM
Thursday, July 16, 2015
Finally. Our first stroke play SWGA event of the year happened after months of bad weather delays. This event was at Shreveport Country Club, and yes, it was hot, but twenty-five ladies braved the heat and had a good golf outing on Wednesday, July 15.
Low score of the day was by Mary Lynn Stuart with a very nice 83, followed closely by Kathy Davis (STCC) with an 84. Low net of the day was 69…..in all three flights! Low Putts was 28 by Gina O’Neal (WGAS). Congratulations ladies!
FIRST FLIGHT1st Gross: Mary Lynn Stuart (ERCC) 83
2nd Gross: Kathy Davis (STCC) 84
1st Net: Joyce Middleton (ERCC) 69
2nd Net: Cathy Buckley (BWGA) 73
Low Putts: Gina O’Neal (WGAS) 28
SECOND FLIGHT1st Gross: Martha Lawhorne (BWGA) 89
2nd Gross: Mary Gallagher (FRLGA) 94
1st Net: Hui Bordelon (FRLGA) 69
2nd Net: Nancy Young (BWGA) 75
Low Putts: Martha Lawhorne 30
THIRD FLIGHT1st Gross: Gayle Gansfuss (FRLGA) 92
2nd Gross: (tie) Melissa Brenner (NHGC) Barbara McQuiller (BWGA) 103
1st Net: Bobbie Almond (FRLGA) 69
2nd Net: Marge Snyder (NHGC) 79
Low Putts: Gayle Gansfuss 31
Our next SWGA event is next week on July 23 at Southern Trace, with an 8:30am shotgun. Sign up right away.
at 11:02 AM
Monday, July 13, 2015
Thirty-two ladies gathered at Southern Trace CC on July 9 for the SSWGA playday event. Yep. It was hot, so that was a good turnout. And as usual, the course was beautiful and hospitality warm as the weather. And to top it off, our President Susan Berry was able to come out and ride around awhile while recuperating from her recent stroke. Everyone was so happy to see her.
Low gross score of the day was 87 and shared by two ladies: Carmen Leach and Joyce Middleton, while Low net was a 74 by Becky Hollier. The low putt score of 32 was the number for the day and was shared by three: Kim Darnell, Nancy Young and Alyce Wyche. Congratulations ladies!
FIRST FLIGHTLow Gross: Carmen Leach (FRLGA) 87
Low Net: Vicki Cella (NHGC) 78
Low Putts: Kim Darnell (WGAS) 32
SECOND FLIGHTLow Gross: Mary Moore (FRLGA) 93
Low Net: Becky Hollier (WGAS) 74
Low Putts: Nancy Young (BWGA) 32
THIRD FLIGHTLow Gross: Gayle Gansfuss (FRLGA) 100
Low Net: Barbara McQuiller (BWGA) 76
Low Putts: Alyce Wyche (NHGC) 32
SUPER SENIORLow Gross: Joyce Middleton (ERCC) 87
Low Net: Pat Miller (BWGA) 83
Low Putts (tie): Jean Brown (BWGA)/Joanne McDonald (FRLGA)/Martha Crisp (FRLGA) 35
Chip-in: Jean Brown
at 7:15 PM
2018 SWGA playdays
- ALL OF THE EVENTS LISTED BELOW COUNT TOWARDS YOUR 100% PARTICIPATION RECOGNITION Except those marked with an (*)
- If you miss ONE required event, it can be replaced by ONE day of play in Team Matches
- March 6: Scramble at Eastridge CC, 9:00am COMPLETED 50 PLAYERS
- April 10: Playday at Stonebridge, 9:00am COMPLETED 43 players
- May 22: Playday at Northwood, 9:00am
- June 7: Playday at Huntington Park, 9:00am
- June 21: Rain date for Huntington
- July 24: Playday at Southern Trace CC, 9:00am
- *August 7: Scramble at Southern Trace. This is a chance to make-up one missed event to count towards 100% participation since there willl be no Team Matches this year
- August 16: Playday at Fox Run GC (also practice round for Championship), 9:00am
- August 23-24: SWGA Championship, Fox Run GC, 9:00am
- *November 8: SWGA Turkey Scramble, Querbes Park, 9:30am
- *December 4: SWGA/SSWGA Jingle Bell Scramble, Northwood, 10:00am, Bring a Toy
2018 SSWGA Events
- Dates marked with (*) do not count toward 100% participation
- *March 13: Stonebridge scramble, 9:00am COMPLETED 28 Players
- April 26: BWGA playday at Huntington, 9:00am COMPLETED 18 players
- May 1: East Ridge CC, 9:00am COMPLETED 30 players
- June 19: Southern Trace CC, 9:00am
- July 10: Northwood Hills GC, 9:00am
- July 17-18: Championship, Stonebridge CC
- September 6: Fox Run GC, 9:00am
- *November 15: Turkey Scramble, Crooked Hollow GC, 9:30am, $37 includes lunch. This is also annual meeting unless this is changed.
- *December 4: Jingle Belle Scramble, Northwood Hills GC, 10:00am, bring unwrapped toy
Other 2018 LOCAL Events
- May 15-17: (NEW) "The Tradition" 2-Lady Tourney, Golf Club at Stonebridge, Benton, LA
- June 8-10: Stonebridge Couples Tournament, Golf Club at Stonebridge, Benton, LA
- June 22-24: Bonnie & Clyde Couples Tournament, Northwood Hills GC, Blanchard, LA
- September 18-19: Southern Belle, 2-Lady Tourney, Southern Trace CC, Shreveport, LA
- October 24-25: Roadrunner 2-Lady Tournament, Eastridge CC, Shreveport, LA
2018 State/Southern Events
Other 2018 NON-LOCAL Golfing Events
- May 31-June 2: Hot Springs Couples Tournament, Hot Springs Village, AR
- June 2: Queen for a Day, 2-Lady Scramble, Tallulah CC, Tallulah, LA
- June 16: Matthew Elliott Memorial Scramble, Frenchman's Bend GC, Monroe, LA 1:30pm
- August 8: Diamonds in the Rough, 4-lady tournament, Hollytree CC, Tyler, TX
- September 11-13: Twice as Nice Ladies Tourney, Texarkana CC, Texarkana, AR
- September 26-27: Squire Creek 2-Lady Tournament, Squire Creek CC, Choudrant, LA
- October 6-7: Texarkana Couples Tourney, Texarkana CC, Texarkana, AR