The annual Jingle Bell Scramble that is usually held at Northwood Golf Club has been changed to Palmetto Country Club. This change was caused because it was just announced about November 28th that Northwood will be closed effective December 1st. Thank you, Palmetto, for accommodating us at the last minute!!!
Still have 10:00am shotgun start. Lunch is potato bar, green salad, pasta salad, bread pudding, and tea/water for $11, including tax and gratuity.
Please bring an unwrapped toy for TOYS FOR TOTS.
PLEASE GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS COLUMN TO SEE LISTINGS OF ALL KNOWN GOLFING EVENTS, BOTH LOCAL AND NON-LOCAL.
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
The second place team shot 70 and the next three places shot 71, with final results determined by scorecard playoffs. See the slideshow presentation for all the winners.
The next....and final....event of the season is the Jingle Bell Scramble that will be held at Northwood Golf Club on December 3rd, at 10:00am. The Jingle Bell Scramble is a joint effort sponsored by the SWGA and SSWGA combined. Please contact your club rep is you plan to attend and bring an unwrapped toy for the Toys for Tots program. See you there!
at 4:57 PM
Friday, November 8, 2013
Forty bundled-up ladies converged on Palmetto Country Club on Thursday, November 7, to participate in the so-much-fun four-lady scramble. Mid-forty temperatures didn't damper the spirits and the weather got better and better all day. It was a great day of golf and friends and fun!
When the scores were tallied, Team Mary Jo Gray/Jerry Hobson/Jeanie Ward/Tommye Engelcke were the first place winners beating the closest contenders by three strokes.
Since we didn't have a leaderboard, I'll list the teams in the order they finished, starting with first place. If you see teams with the same score, their positions were determined by scorecard playoff using the #1 handicap hole and proceeding to #2, etc. We had to go through 5 holes to get a winner between the 4th and 5th place teams.
Buckley/Fisher/Gallagher/S. Rice: 72
Zey/H. Bordelon/Moore/C. Smith: 72
Utley/P. Ryan/Ihle/Morgan: 74
Magee/J. Smith/Heins/Brown: 76
at 9:01 PM
It caused quite a bit a chaos with players, especially from out of town, but the field was full again when play started on Tuesday at Eastridge Country Club.
In spite of all the rain, the course was in good shape and the greens were as fast as usual. The day was beautiful and everyone had a grand time. This 2-lady scramble had mystery holes, a toss/throw/or roll option, and as always, Kevin was there to hit our ball over the #10 ditch on our second shots.
However, we had a real exciting event this year that will be the talk of the tournament for years to come. Player Sharon Sullivan hit her tee shot over the trees and OVER THE DITCH and landed either on the green or close to it. It was awesome!
When all the scores were tallied, the Overall Low Gross Champs were Mary Lynn Stuart and Sherry Shields, both of Eastridge. They shot a enviable 62 gross. Congratulations ladies! In addition, Mary Lynn captured the Longest Drive in the First Flight.
The overall Low Net Champs came out of the Second Flight. Donna Cobb (BWGA) and Christina Parsons (ERCC) shot a gross score of 67, with a low net of 57!!! Great playing ladies!
For full leaderboard results, see the slideshow presentation.
at 7:37 PM
Friday, November 1, 2013
Two of that full field of participants were our own SWGA ladies: Debbie Magee and Mary Jo Gray, both of Stonebridge.
Next year's Senior tournament will be at River Hills Country Club in Kerrville, TX, just about 7 1/2 hours from Shreveport.
at 5:43 PM
2018 SWGA playdays
- ALL OF THE EVENTS LISTED BELOW COUNT TOWARDS YOUR 100% PARTICIPATION RECOGNITION Except those marked with an (*)
- If you miss ONE required event, it can be replaced by ONE day of play in Team Matches
- March 6: Scramble at Eastridge CC, 9:00am COMPLETED 50 PLAYERS
- April 10: Playday at Stonebridge, 9:00am COMPLETED 43 players
- May 22: Playday at Northwood, 9:00am COMPLTED 29 PLAYERS
- June 7: Playday at Huntington Park, 9:00am COMPLETED 28 players
- July 24: Playday at Southern Trace CC, 9:00am
- *August 7: Scramble at Southern Trace. This is a chance to make-up one missed event to count towards 100% participation since there willl be no Team Matches this year
- August 16: Playday at Fox Run GC (also practice round for Championship), 9:00am
- August 23-24: SWGA Championship, Fox Run GC, 9:00am
- *November 8: SWGA Turkey Scramble, Querbes Park, 9:30am
- *December 4: SWGA/SSWGA Jingle Bell Scramble, Northwood, 10:00am, Bring a Toy
2018 SSWGA Events
- Dates marked with (*) do not count toward 100% participation
- *March 13: Stonebridge scramble, 9:00am COMPLETED 28 Players
- April 26: BWGA playday at Huntington, 9:00am COMPLETED 18 players
- May 1: East Ridge CC, 9:00am COMPLETED 30 players
- June 19: Southern Trace CC, 9:00am COMPLETED 26 players
- July 10: Northwood Hills GC, 9:00am COMPLETED 25 players
- July 17-18: Championship, Stonebridge CC
- September 6: Fox Run GC, 9:00am
- *November 15: Turkey Scramble, Crooked Hollow GC, 9:30am, $37 includes lunch. This is also annual meeting unless this is changed.
- *December 4: Jingle Belle Scramble, Northwood Hills GC, 10:00am, bring unwrapped toy