PLEASE GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS COLUMN TO SEE LISTINGS OF ALL KNOWN GOLFING EVENTS, BOTH LOCAL AND NON-LOCAL.
Saturday, June 20, 2009
A Really COOL Tip
During the State Amateur Championship, one of my matches was against Pam Washington, a really nice lady from down in the New Orleans area. During our round, Pam shared a "cool" tip that I want to pass on to you.I know that many of you have not heard of "Florida water", because when I mention it to most ladies, they are puzzled. I'm not sure exactly what it is either, except that it makes cold water even colder. In the past, I've always added Florida Water to my little ice chest with a little water. During the round, I soak a cloth in the water and wipe my face, neck and arms to get instantly "energized" by being SOOOO cooled off. By the time I dunk the cloth in the water a few times, it gets pretty raunchy-looking and you sure wouldn't want to share any of this wonderful stuff with anyone else.
Pam came up with a great solution. Here's how I did mine, based on her idea. Here's what you need to purchase: unscented Huggies wipes (I bought the heavy duty ones); Ziploc sandwich bags; and Florida water, which can be purchased at most drug stores and probably at many sporting goods stores under various brand names.I mixed one cup of water with a teaspoon of Florida water. Place one wipe in a sandwich bag and pour in about 1/8 cup of the water mixture. Seal the bag, getting the excess air out of it. This mixture did nine bags. Place the bags in the freezer. When you leave for the golf course, place the bags in your ice chest.
As you need to cool off, remove one bag and use the disposable wipe to wipe your face and neck. Ahhhh. How refreshing! And now you can share your "coolness" with your cart buddy. Thanks, Pam.
at 10:07 PM
2018 SWGA playdays
- ALL OF THE EVENTS LISTED BELOW COUNT TOWARDS YOUR 100% PARTICIPATION RECOGNITION Except those marked with an (*)
- If you miss ONE required event, it can be replaced by ONE day of play in Team Matches
- March 6: Scramble at Eastridge CC, 9:00am COMPLETED 50 PLAYERS
- April 10: Playday at Stonebridge, 9:00am COMPLETED 43 players
- May 22: Playday at Northwood, 9:00am COMPLTED 29 PLAYERS
- June 7: Playday at Huntington Park, 9:00am COMPLETED 28 players
- July 24: Playday at Southern Trace CC, 9:00am
- *August 7: Scramble at Southern Trace. This is a chance to make-up one missed event to count towards 100% participation since there willl be no Team Matches this year
- August 16: Playday at Fox Run GC (also practice round for Championship), 9:00am
- August 23-24: SWGA Championship, Fox Run GC, 9:00am
- *November 8: SWGA Turkey Scramble, Querbes Park, 9:30am
- *December 4: SWGA/SSWGA Jingle Bell Scramble, Northwood, 10:00am, Bring a Toy
2018 SSWGA Events
- Dates marked with (*) do not count toward 100% participation
- *March 13: Stonebridge scramble, 9:00am COMPLETED 28 Players
- April 26: BWGA playday at Huntington, 9:00am COMPLETED 18 players
- May 1: East Ridge CC, 9:00am COMPLETED 30 players
- June 19: Southern Trace CC, 9:00am COMPLETED 26 players
- July 10: Northwood Hills GC, 9:00am
- July 17-18: Championship, Stonebridge CC
- September 6: Fox Run GC, 9:00am
- *November 15: Turkey Scramble, Crooked Hollow GC, 9:30am, $37 includes lunch. This is also annual meeting unless this is changed.
- *December 4: Jingle Belle Scramble, Northwood Hills GC, 10:00am, bring unwrapped toy