If you didn't know the course was out there, you wouldn't just happen onto it. Going west on I-20, you take Exit 628 and turn left over the interstate. It's only about 8-10 miles past the exit to go to Crooked Hollow. The weekend rate is $40 ($35 if you're over sixty like me) and $35 during the week (maybe $30 if you're old). It's a really nice golfing experience. Give it a try when you want to explore a new course.
PLEASE GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS COLUMN TO SEE LISTINGS OF ALL KNOWN GOLFING EVENTS, BOTH LOCAL AND NON-LOCAL.
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Today several of us made a "road trip" to Marshall, TX to golf at The Challenge at Cypress Hills. What a wonderful experience! I've lived in the Shreveport area for almost 15 years (this time), and never heard of this course. I understand it had a different name and different owners in the past, then was closed about a year, and has reopened with new management and a totally new layout.The course is hilly with losts of large old trees; the fairways and tee boxes are lush green grass; the greens are undulating, but receptive, offering a challenge to read them correctly; and there is water on eight holes, although not in play from all of the ladies' tees. Probably because the layout was recently redone, the course hasn't been re-rated and sloped yet.
at 9:29 PM
2018 SWGA playdays
- ALL OF THE EVENTS LISTED BELOW COUNT TOWARDS YOUR 100% PARTICIPATION RECOGNITION Except those marked with an (*)
- If you miss ONE required event, it can be replaced by ONE day of play in Team Matches
- March 6: Scramble at Eastridge CC, 9:00am COMPLETED 50 PLAYERS
- April 10: Playday at Stonebridge, 9:00am COMPLETED 43 players
- May 22: Playday at Northwood, 9:00am COMPLTED 29 PLAYERS
- June 7: Playday at Huntington Park, 9:00am COMPLETED 28 players
- July 24: Playday at Southern Trace CC, 9:00am COMPLETED 31 players
- *August 7: Scramble at Southern Trace. This is a chance to make-up one missed event to count towards 100% participation since there willl be no Team Matches this year COMPLETED 28 players
- August 16: Playday at Fox Run GC (also practice round for Championship), 9:00am COMPLETED 29 players
- August 23-24: SWGA Championship, Fox Run GC, 9:00am COMPLETED 33 players
- *November 8: SWGA Turkey Scramble, Querbes Park, 9:30am
- *December 4: SWGA/SSWGA Jingle Bell Scramble, Northwood, 10:00am, Bring a Toy
2018 SSWGA Events
- Dates marked with (*) do not count toward 100% participation
- *March 13: Stonebridge scramble, 9:00am COMPLETED 28 Players
- April 26: BWGA playday at Huntington, 9:00am COMPLETED 18 players
- May 1: East Ridge CC, 9:00am COMPLETED 30 players
- June 19: Southern Trace CC, 9:00am COMPLETED 26 players
- July 10: Northwood Hills GC, 9:00am COMPLETED 25 players
- July 17-18: Championship, Stonebridge CC COMPLETED 17 players
- September 6: Fox Run GC, 9:00am, COMPLETED 17 players
- *November 15: Turkey Scramble, Crooked Hollow GC, 9:30am, $37 includes lunch. This is also annual meeting unless this is changed.
- *December 4: Jingle Belle Scramble, Northwood Hills GC, 10:00am, bring unwrapped toy