PLEASE GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS COLUMN TO SEE LISTINGS OF ALL KNOWN GOLFING EVENTS, BOTH LOCAL AND NON-LOCAL.
Friday, August 30, 2013
Mystic Creek Golf Club
For the 99.9% of you who have never heard of this course, I wanted to share a little information about this "gem" of a course located in El Dorado, AR, just two hours from downtown Shreveport and due north of Ruston.
We heard about the course from a golfing buddy who recommended it highly, and he was right. It's still a "work in progress". As we neared what the GPS told us was our turn to the course, all there was to indicate a golf course was a sign that said "Golf Course" and an arrow pointing down a dirt road. Hmmmm. Not looking so great.
We turned down the dirt road and then into a big, concrete parking lot with large planting areas that were unplanted and a tiny white metal building, seemingly lost in the expanse of space. And we're thinking "are we REALLY fixing to pay $75 to play THIS?" And then we topped the hill and saw the course....
IT IS BEAUTIFUL! There isn't a flat spot on the course except for the six sets of tee boxes on every hole. The distances range from 5100 yards to 7400 yards (yikes). The course just opened in May, but instead of seeding it for the grass, it was totally sodded from the beginning. Looks like it's been there for years. And it IS challenging with the rolling terrain. To check out their site, click here.
Right now, the price to play is $75, no matter what time of day, how old you are, or what day of the week it is. It includes range balls and lots of practice areas, including sand trap practice. The only break in price is if you get a group together and it can come down to $50 if you have twenty.
When this place is finished, it's going to be fabulous. If you want to make a short "day trip" for some exciting golf, take a little trip up to El Dorado, Ar. It will be beautiful in the Fall!
at 9:12 AM
2017 SWGA playdays
- ALL OF THE EVENTS LISTED BELOW COUNT TOWARDS YOUR 100% PARTICIPATION RECOGNITION Except those marked with an (*)
- If you miss ONE required event, it can be replaced by ONE day of play in Team Matches
- March 15: Scramble at Southern Trace, 9:00am COMPLETED
- April 18: Playday at Stonebridge, 9:00am COMPLETED 41 Players
- May 16: Playday at Northwood, 9:00am, COMPLETED abt 48 players
- June 7: Playday at Querbes, 8:30am COMPLETED 27 players
- July 18: Playday at Eastridge, 9:00am COMPLETED 31 players
- August 17: Playday at Fox Run, 9:00am CANCELLED
- August 30-31: Team Matches, Huntington Park
- October 3-4: SWGA Championship, Northwood
- November 6: SWGA Turkey Scramble, Huntington Park, 9:00am
- December 5: SWGA/SSWGA Jingle Bell Scramble, Northwood, 10:00am, Bring a Toy
2017 SSWGA Events
- March 14: Stonebridge scramble, 9:00am COMPLETED
- May 31: rain makeup date for Querbes, 9:00am COMPLETED 16 players
- June 22: Eastridge playday, 9:00am
- July 11: Northwood playday, 9:00am COMPLETED 19 players
- July 20: Practice Rnd for championship, tee times needed
- July 26-27: Championship, Huntington Park, COMPLETED 13 players
- August 10: Crooked Hollow Playday, 9:00am, COMPLETED 21 players
- September 25: Playday at Fox Run, 9:00am
- October 19: Huntington Park Scramble, 9:00am
- November 16: Turkey Scramble, Southern Trace, 9:30am
Other LOCAL Events
2017 State/Southern Events
Other 2017 NON-LOCAL Golfing Events
- August 29-30: Diamonds in the Rough, 4-lady tournament, Hollytree CC, Tyler, TX
- September 12-14: Twice as Nice, Texarkana CC
- September 27-28: Squire Creek 2-Lady Tournament, Choudrant, LA
- October 7-8: Texarkana Couples Tourney, Texarkana CC, Texarkana
- October 8-9: Rayburn Country Lady Luck 2-Lady Tournament, Brookeland, TX (Lake Sam Rayburn)
- October 16-18: LaDiDa 2-Lady tournament, Crown Colony CC, Lufkin, TX