NEXT PLAYDAY EVENTS

August 30-31: SWGA Team Matches, Huntington Park, 9:00am shotgun

October 3-4: SWGA Championship, Northwood GC

Golfing Events

PLEASE GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS COLUMN TO SEE LISTINGS OF ALL KNOWN GOLFING EVENTS, BOTH LOCAL AND NON-LOCAL.

Check it out....

Check it out....

Monday, May 18, 2009

Saga of the Socks

First let me say that I have to drive so far for most of my golfing that I never put my golf shoes on until I get to the course.

Last Thursday was our playday at Querbes. When I got to the course, I couldn't find my socks, even though I distinctly remember putting them in my golfing handbag. As luck would have it, Donna Cobb has a brand new pair of socks (just like the ones I remembered putting in my bag) in her car. She gave me her new socks, bless her sweet heart.

Sunday, I was getting ready to go golf at Crooked Hollow. I got out the same bag I used on Thursday so I could put a pair of socks in it. Lo and behold, THERE WERE THE SOCKS I COULDN'T FIND ON THURSDAY....RIGHT IN THE BAG THAT I HAD LOOKED IN. I'm puzzled, but I think, okay, I've got a pair of socks already in my bag, so I put the ones I had gotten out of the drawer, back in the drawer.

I get to the golf course and get ready to put my shoes on. CAN'T FIND MY SOCKS!!!! I'm wondering now if I've been invaded by the sock fairy. I had to go in the pro shop and buy a 3-pack of socks! I go back to the car to put on my NEW socks and shoes, and I look in the bag for my shoe horn....AND THERE ARE MY SOCKS THAT I HAD PUT IN THE BAG!

Am I losing my mind? NO. There are TWO compartments on the bag...one in the front and one in the back. Each time I looked for the socks, I had looked in the wrong side. So now I have my original socks, Donna's pair of socks, and three MORE pair of socks!

When my husband has me committed, don't bring me any socks. I have plenty!!

2017 SWGA playdays

  • ALL OF THE EVENTS LISTED BELOW COUNT TOWARDS YOUR 100% PARTICIPATION RECOGNITION Except those marked with an (*)
  • If you miss ONE required event, it can be replaced by ONE day of play in Team Matches
  • March 15: Scramble at Southern Trace, 9:00am COMPLETED
  • April 18: Playday at Stonebridge, 9:00am COMPLETED 41 Players
  • May 16: Playday at Northwood, 9:00am, COMPLETED abt 48 players
  • June 7: Playday at Querbes, 8:30am COMPLETED 27 players
  • July 18: Playday at Eastridge, 9:00am COMPLETED 31 players
  • August 17: Playday at Fox Run, 9:00am CANCELLED
  • August 30-31: Team Matches, Huntington Park
  • October 3-4: SWGA Championship, Northwood
  • November 6: SWGA Turkey Scramble, Huntington Park, 9:00am
  • December 5: SWGA/SSWGA Jingle Bell Scramble, Northwood, 10:00am, Bring a Toy

2017 SSWGA Events

  • March 14: Stonebridge scramble, 9:00am COMPLETED
  • May 31: rain makeup date for Querbes, 9:00am COMPLETED 16 players
  • June 22: Eastridge playday, 9:00am
  • July 11: Northwood playday, 9:00am COMPLETED 19 players
  • July 20: Practice Rnd for championship, tee times needed
  • July 26-27: Championship, Huntington Park, COMPLETED 13 players
  • August 10: Crooked Hollow Playday, 9:00am, COMPLETED 21 players
  • September 25: Playday at Fox Run, 9:00am
  • October 19: Huntington Park Scramble, 9:00am
  • November 16: Turkey Scramble, Southern Trace, 9:30am

Other LOCAL Events

  • July 21-23: Stonebridge Couples Tournament, Stonebridge CC
  • October 10-11: Southern Belle 2-Lady Tournament, Southern Trace CC
  • October 25-26: Roadrunner 2-Lady Tournament, Eastridge CC

2017 State/Southern Events

  • August 6-8: State 4-Ball Championship, Koasati Pines GC, Kinder, LA
  • October 8-11: Southern Seniors' Championship, The Omni Homestead Resort, Cascades Course, Hot Springs, VA
  • October 20-22: State Senior and Mid-Am Championship, LeTriomphe CC, Broussard, LA

Other 2017 NON-LOCAL Golfing Events

  • August 29-30: Diamonds in the Rough, 4-lady tournament, Hollytree CC, Tyler, TX
  • September 12-14: Twice as Nice, Texarkana CC
  • September 27-28: Squire Creek 2-Lady Tournament, Choudrant, LA
  • October 7-8: Texarkana Couples Tourney, Texarkana CC, Texarkana
  • October 8-9: Rayburn Country Lady Luck 2-Lady Tournament, Brookeland, TX (Lake Sam Rayburn)
  • October 16-18: LaDiDa 2-Lady tournament, Crown Colony CC, Lufkin, TX