PLEASE GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS COLUMN TO SEE LISTINGS OF ALL KNOWN GOLFING EVENTS, BOTH LOCAL AND NON-LOCAL.
Saturday, September 4, 2010
World Am Update
I go to the Pro Shop and had them call the course from the day before to see if they found my camera. Yes they did, and they gave it to one of the 47 other ladies in my flight to give to me. Great. I'm relieved, so now I go down to get my putter so I can hit the putting green since I've now run out of time to trek down to the driving range.
I get to the cart where my bag is attached. There is NO PUTTER. Panic. I tracked down the dude that had taken my clubs and told him my putter was missing. He told me that it had fallen off the bag so he just put it INSIDE my bag. However, my putter wasn't IN my bag. Oops!
He must have put it in the wrong bag! I spent the entire time going cart to cart digging in everyone's bag looking for my putter, even after they had made announcements asking people to look in their bags. Ten minutes before tee time, I still had no putter so I went and borrowed one from the Pro Shop. When I arrived back at my cart, someone came running with my putter and the crowd of ladies erupted in applause! Success! So I get to start my round with no driving range practice and not a clue about the roll of the greens. What the heck! Let's just enjoy.
But what about my camera? I was in a threesome that day, and the golf gods were with me, because one of the ladies in my threesome was the lady they gave my camera to. What's the chances? The other lady in that threesome was a lovely lady from Guademala. She had no GPS or range finder, so I became her personal caddy. She ended up winning low net for the day. I was proud for her.
If any of you want to combine golf with a family vacation, Myrtle Beach is a great place to do it during the World Am. There is all kinds of activities for the whole family and shopping like you've never seen before. The tournament is held every year the week before Labor Day, so keep it in mind for next year.
at 11:17 PM
2018 SWGA playdays
- ALL OF THE EVENTS LISTED BELOW COUNT TOWARDS YOUR 100% PARTICIPATION RECOGNITION Except those marked with an (*)
- If you miss ONE required event, it can be replaced by ONE day of play in Team Matches
- March 6: Scramble at Eastridge CC, 9:00am COMPLETED 50 PLAYERS
- April 10: Playday at Stonebridge, 9:00am COMPLETED 43 players
- May 22: Playday at Northwood, 9:00am COMPLTED 29 PLAYERS
- June 7: Playday at Huntington Park, 9:00am COMPLETED 28 players
- July 24: Playday at Southern Trace CC, 9:00am COMPLETED 31 players
- *August 7: Scramble at Southern Trace. This is a chance to make-up one missed event to count towards 100% participation since there willl be no Team Matches this year COMPLETED 28 players
- August 16: Playday at Fox Run GC (also practice round for Championship), 9:00am COMPLETED 29 players
- August 23-24: SWGA Championship, Fox Run GC, 9:00am COMPLETED 33 players
- *November 8: SWGA Turkey Scramble, Querbes Park, 9:30am
- *December 4: SWGA/SSWGA Jingle Bell Scramble, Northwood, 10:00am, Bring a Toy
2018 SSWGA Events
- Dates marked with (*) do not count toward 100% participation
- *March 13: Stonebridge scramble, 9:00am COMPLETED 28 Players
- April 26: BWGA playday at Huntington, 9:00am COMPLETED 18 players
- May 1: East Ridge CC, 9:00am COMPLETED 30 players
- June 19: Southern Trace CC, 9:00am COMPLETED 26 players
- July 10: Northwood Hills GC, 9:00am COMPLETED 25 players
- July 17-18: Championship, Stonebridge CC COMPLETED 17 players
- September 6: Fox Run GC, 9:00am, COMPLETED 17 players
- *November 15: Turkey Scramble, Crooked Hollow GC, 9:30am, $37 includes lunch. This is also annual meeting unless this is changed.
- *December 4: Jingle Belle Scramble, Northwood Hills GC, 10:00am, bring unwrapped toy