PLEASE GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS COLUMN TO SEE LISTINGS OF ALL KNOWN GOLFING EVENTS, BOTH LOCAL AND NON-LOCAL.
Saturday, September 4, 2010
World Am Update
I go to the Pro Shop and had them call the course from the day before to see if they found my camera. Yes they did, and they gave it to one of the 47 other ladies in my flight to give to me. Great. I'm relieved, so now I go down to get my putter so I can hit the putting green since I've now run out of time to trek down to the driving range.
I get to the cart where my bag is attached. There is NO PUTTER. Panic. I tracked down the dude that had taken my clubs and told him my putter was missing. He told me that it had fallen off the bag so he just put it INSIDE my bag. However, my putter wasn't IN my bag. Oops!
He must have put it in the wrong bag! I spent the entire time going cart to cart digging in everyone's bag looking for my putter, even after they had made announcements asking people to look in their bags. Ten minutes before tee time, I still had no putter so I went and borrowed one from the Pro Shop. When I arrived back at my cart, someone came running with my putter and the crowd of ladies erupted in applause! Success! So I get to start my round with no driving range practice and not a clue about the roll of the greens. What the heck! Let's just enjoy.
But what about my camera? I was in a threesome that day, and the golf gods were with me, because one of the ladies in my threesome was the lady they gave my camera to. What's the chances? The other lady in that threesome was a lovely lady from Guademala. She had no GPS or range finder, so I became her personal caddy. She ended up winning low net for the day. I was proud for her.
If any of you want to combine golf with a family vacation, Myrtle Beach is a great place to do it during the World Am. There is all kinds of activities for the whole family and shopping like you've never seen before. The tournament is held every year the week before Labor Day, so keep it in mind for next year.
at 11:17 PM
2019 SWGA playdays
- ALL OF THE EVENTS LISTED BELOW COUNT TOWARDS YOUR 100% PARTICIPATION RECOGNITION Except those marked with an (*)
- If you miss ONE required event, it can be replaced by ONE day of play in Team Matches
- March 19: Scramble at Eastridge CC, 9:00am
- April 18: Playday at Huntington Park, 9:00am
- May 21: Playday at Stonebridge, 9:00am
- June 11: Playday at Northwood, 9:00am
- July 16: Playday/Practice Rnd at Southern Trace CC, 9:00am
- July 24-25: SWGA Championship, Southern Trace CC, 9:00am
- *August 29: Playday at Bomber Bayou GC, 9:00am
- Sept 16: Day 1 Team Matches, Huntington Park, 9:00am
- Sept 26: Day 2 Team Matches, Huntington Park, 9:00am
- Oct 16-17: Rain date for SWGA Championship
- *November 12: SWGA Turkey Scramble, Stonebridge, 9:30am
- *December 3: SWGA/SSWGA Jingle Bell Scramble, Northwood, 10:00am, Bring a Toy
2019 SSWGA Events
- Dates marked with (*) do not count toward 100% participation
- March : None
- April 9: Scramble at Stonebridge, 9:00am
- May 30: Playday at Huntington Park, 9:00am
- June : None
- July 9: Playday at Northwood Hills GC, 9:00am
- August : None
- September 24: Playday at Southern Trace, 9:00am
- October 10: Playday at Bomber Bayou GC, 9:00am
- Nov 5-6: SSWGA Championship, Eastridge CC, 9:00am
- *November 21: Turkey Scramble/annual meeting, Crooked Hollow GC, 9:00am, $37 includes lunch.
- *December 3: Jingle Belle Scramble, Northwood Hills GC, 10:00am, bring unwrapped toy
Other 2019 LOCAL Events
- May 7-8: Southern Belle, 2-Lady Tourney, Southern Trace CC, Shreveport, LA
- May 15-16: The Tradition, Ladies Tourney, Stonebridge GC, Benton, LA
- June 8-9: Stonebridge Couples Tournament, Stonebridge GC, Benton, LA
- June 22-23: Bonnie and Clyde Couples Tournament, Northwood Hills GC, Blanchard, LA
- October 23-24: Roadrunner 2-Lady Tournament, Eastridge CC, Shreveport, LA
2019 State/Southern Events
Other 2018 NON-LOCAL Golfing Events
- April 12: Lady Calvert Tourney, Calvert Crossing, Calhoun, LA
- May 30-June 1: Hot Springs Village Couples Tourney, Hot Springs Village, Ark
- July 18-19: Hot Springs Ladies Invitational, Hot Springs Village, Ark
- August 6-7: Diamonds in the Rough, 4-lady tournament, Hollytree CC, Tyler, TX
- September 10-12: Twice as Nice Ladies Tourney, Texarkana CC, Texarkana, AR
- October 5-6: Texarkana Couples Tourney, Texarkana CC, Texarkana, AR
- Oct 12-13: Dudes 'n Darlings Couples Tourney, Hollytree CC, Tyler, TX
- Oct 28-30: LaDiDa 4-Lady Tourney, Crown Colony CC, Lufkin, TX