PLEASE GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS COLUMN TO SEE LISTINGS OF ALL KNOWN GOLFING EVENTS, BOTH LOCAL AND NON-LOCAL.
Thursday, May 3, 2012
What a great tournament! The new format was a great hit with the 92 ladies that participated in this year's event at Southern Trace Country Club. Although the weather was a bit hot, the spirits were really cool, baby!
We were greeted the first day by the sight of a beautiful 1957? Thunderbird convertible. Wow, does that bring back memories? Every team was treated with a picture taken in front of the car. And speaking of treats: the tee gift for every lady was a pair of Callaway golf shoes....with a selection of style/color. How neat is that?
The practice round day was fun in itself from beginning to end. Lunch was provided at the turn, before or after your round. What could be easier? About 4:30pm the sound of the fifties filled the air with a live DJ spinning the records. Hula hoops to try our skills and a really neat putting contest. The Southern Trace crew spent a lot of time setting up a challenging six-hole putting course and each team had an opportunity to post the lowest score by alternating shots. First place went to the team of Betty Moore and Jeanette Guilliams with a low score of 11 putts! Great job. There was a tie for second place.
We were again treated with great food and drink during the party and Mary Coker did a trial run in the new pool. I think this was an unplanned event but was great fun.
Tournament day got to be a bit more serious with a 9-hole best ball shamble on the front nine and a scramble on the back nine. Overall low gross winners were Lillian Granger and Lisa Russell with their great score of 68, while overall low net went to Suzanne Tinsley and Marianne Leslie with a nice 62. Congratulations to everyone! The awards luncheon was a great steak with all the trimmings, while the awards were very generous Callaway Gift Cards. What a great tournament! Did I say that already? Can't wait till next year!
at 12:10 PM
2018 SWGA playdays
- ALL OF THE EVENTS LISTED BELOW COUNT TOWARDS YOUR 100% PARTICIPATION RECOGNITION Except those marked with an (*)
- If you miss ONE required event, it can be replaced by ONE day of play in Team Matches
- March 6: Scramble at Eastridge CC, 9:00am COMPLETED 50 PLAYERS
- April 10: Playday at Stonebridge, 9:00am
- May 22: Playday at Northwood, 9:00am
- June 7: Playday at Huntington Park, 9:00am
- June 21: Rain date for Huntington
- July 24: Playday at Southern Trace CC, 9:00am
- *August 7: Scramble at Southern Trace. This is a chance to make-up one missed event to count towards 100% participation since there willl be no Team Matches this year
- August 16: Playday at Fox Run GC (also practice round for Championship), 9:00am
- August 23-24: SWGA Championship, Fox Run GC, 9:00am
- *November 8: SWGA Turkey Scramble, Querbes Park, 9:30am
- *December 4: SWGA/SSWGA Jingle Bell Scramble, Northwood, 10:00am, Bring a Toy
2018 SSWGA Events
- Dates marked with (*) do not count toward 100% participation
- *March 13: Stonebridge scramble, 9:00am COMPLETED 28 Players
- April 26: BWGA playday at Huntington, 9:00am
- May 1: East Ridge CC, 9:00am
- June 19: Southern Trace CC, 9:00am
- July 10: Northwood Hills GC, 9:00am
- July 17-18: Championship, Stonebridge CC
- September 6: Fox Run GC, 9:00am
- *November 15: Turkey Scramble, Crooked Hollow GC, 9:30am, $37 includes lunch. This is also annual meeting unless this is changed.
- *December 4: Jingle Belle Scramble, Northwood Hills GC, 10:00am, bring unwrapped toy
Other 2018 LOCAL Events
- May 15-17: (NEW) "The Tradition" 2-Lady Tourney, Golf Club at Stonebridge, Benton, LA
- June 8-10: Stonebridge Couples Tournament, Golf Club at Stonebridge, Benton, LA
- June 22-24: Bonnie & Clyde Couples Tournament, Northwood Hills GC, Blanchard, LA
- September 18-19: Southern Belle, 2-Lady Tourney, Southern Trace CC, Shreveport, LA
- October 24-25: Roadrunner 2-Lady Tournament, Eastridge CC, Shreveport, LA
2018 State/Southern Events
Other 2018 NON-LOCAL Golfing Events
- May 31-June 2: Hot Springs Couples Tournament, Hot Springs Village, AR
- June 2: Queen for a Day, 2-Lady Scramble, Tallulah CC, Tallulah, LA
- June 16: Matthew Elliott Memorial Scramble, Frenchman's Bend GC, Monroe, LA 1:30pm
- August 8: Diamonds in the Rough, 4-lady tournament, Hollytree CC, Tyler, TX
- September 11-13: Twice as Nice Ladies Tourney, Texarkana CC, Texarkana, AR
- September 26-27: Squire Creek 2-Lady Tournament, Squire Creek CC, Choudrant, LA
- October 6-7: Texarkana Couples Tourney, Texarkana CC, Texarkana, AR